Sunday, March 22, 2009

2009 Hugo Nominations Announced


The 2009 Hugo Award nominations were announced on March 19, and once again, I have read or seen few of them; although many of the writing nominees are on my TBR pile. Personal notables include:
  • Anthem by Neil Stephenson - Best Novel - this has been on my TBR pile since it was published;
  • Zoe's Tale by John Scalzi - Best Novel - I have read the first entry in this "series," Old Man's War; but don't know if I will followup with the other entries;
  • The Dark Knight - Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form - a shoo-in in my opinion, since it is one of the best movies I have ever seen;
  • WALL-E - Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form - a wonderful, visually stimulating story that tells a compelling tale;
For more information and category links check out the Hugo Awards Wikipedia entry. I typically read several of the previous winners and nominees each year. I frequently view the comprehensive list of Novel entries for both the Hugo Award for Best Novel and the Nebula Award for Best Novel.

Good reading,

Plants and Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics