Monday, December 29, 2008

Those Left Unfinished - 2008

As the year comes to a close, I have discovered a few books lying around my apartment that have, for one reason or another, been left unfinished. Some of these I recognize why I never read the entire book, while others I am surprised at the lack of completion. I have a terrible habit of reading several books at once, and oftentimes not completing the first book I started for several months. As the "to read" pile grows larger, taking one of the top of the stack is sometimes easier (or more convenient) than finding a book that is half read and possibly forgotten. Here are a few that I know I have not finished this year:
  • A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin;
  • Gardens of the Moon by Stephen Erikson;
  • Armor by John Steakley;
  • I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (short stories section left unread); and,
  • Other books I cannot recall or have yet to "refind."
I have picked up Armor again, and will probably finish it before the end of the year, depending on the arrival of some new Amazon Vine books currently being shipped. I have tried reading Gardens of the Moon two times now, and am ultimately (and unfortunately) easily distracted from completing this book. This is one of those cases that I am confident that I will enjoy this book (and ultimately the entire series) once I have finished it since I am a huge fan of epic fantasy series.

Will these books be finished this year or next? Only time will tell. Until then,

Good reading,

Plants and Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics