Monday, January 19, 2009

Books I've Read: 2008

I am finally posting the books I read during the 2008 year. After burying the hatchet with the Amazon reviewing program and started reviewing books toward the end of the year. The links provided are currently linked to my Amazon reviews until I get all caught up with reviews on this site. In all honesty, I doubt I'll ever come back and change these to link internally to the reviews here, but in a year (provided Amazon does not make another stupid format change that makes me walk from the site again) I'll have all my reviews linked to this site with the yearly update. I suppose the entire thing about Amazon is moot since they won't be linked there anyway!

I read (and tracked) 12,558 pages this year, which equates to approximately 34.58 pages per day. Since it was a leap year my total was nine tenths higher than if I had that extra day (and did not read anything). This is still staggeringly short of my ambitious goal; but, I still have plenty of years ahead to read 50,000 pages in a single year. Anyways, without further ado, the books I read in 2008:

Shadowfall by James Clemens
Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein
Red Dragon by Thomas Harris
Scream of Stone by Philip Athans (2/5 stars)
Neversfall by Ed Gentry
Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter
No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin
Creepers by David Morrell
Rant by Chuck Palahniuk(3/5 stars)
Watchmen by Alan Moore
The Brotherhood of the Rose by David Morrell
Scavenger by David Morrell
Heat Lightning by John Sandford
Fraternity of the Stone by David Morrell (5/5 stars)
First Blood by David Morrell (3/5 stars)
Book of Lies by Brad Meltzer (3/5 stars)
Battle Royale by Koushun Takami (4/5 stars)
Do You Think What You Think You Think? by Julian Baggini (4/5 stars)
Forced Out by Stephen Frey (4/5 stars)
Army of the Republic by Stuart Archer Cohen (5/5 stars)
Dead is a State of Mind by Marlene Perez (3/5 stars)
Mixed Blood by Roger Smith (4/5 stars)
Peacemaker by Dan Ronco (5/5 stars)
When March Went Mad by Seth Davis (4/5 stars)
The Night of the Gun by David Carr (3/5 stars)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (5/5 stars)
The World Without Us by Alan Weisman
Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston (5/5 stars)
Six Bad Things by Charlie Huston (4/5 stars)
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Max Tucker (2/5 stars)
A Dangerous Man by Charlie Hutson (5/5 stars)
Replay by Ken Grimwood (5/5 stars)
The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death by Charlie Huston (3/5 stars)

Total read: 12,558 pages
Total reviewed: 21/35 (60%)

5 stars: 7
4 stars: 6
3 stars: 6
2 stars: 2
1 stars: 0

Good reading,

Plants and Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics