Thursday, October 29, 2009

Plants and Books in Print?!

I had an interesting conversation with one of the students at the university I work for today. She was telling me about how she was talking to some guy she knows that reviews movies for a newspaper (I'm not sure which) and that they were looking for someone to review books for the paper. The student mentioned my name and give him my email address; so she told me I should be expecting an email in the near future. It was pretty exciting, but I wonder if my reading interests will jive with what the paper is looking to review; since, shamefully, fantasy/science fiction isn't as mainstream as we all know it should be.

On a side note, I think I just broke the 20,000 page mark for total pages read since January 1. A few stats:
  • 59 books read (or are in the process of reading);
  • Average book size: 355 pages;
  • Average duration of time to complete a book: 5.95 days;
  • Average pages read per day: 69.45; and,
  • Percentage of reviews requested (either by Amazon Vine or publisher/author request): 44.07%
Maybe I'll see you in the papers!

Good reading,

Plants and Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clicky Web Analytics